Old 12-29-2007, 08:39 PM
Bill Moseley

Default .Xauthority (was:X11 connection rejected because of wrong authentication.)

On Sat, Dec 29, 2007 at 12:27:21PM -0800, Bill Moseley wrote:
> I'm running Edubuntu/Gutsy LTSP-5.
>
> But, when I log in as a normal user this message is displayed on the
> LTSP server:
>
> X11 connection rejected because of wrong authentication.

Ok, so it turns out if I copy the .Xauthority file from the initial
user to my other user's $HOME then the X11 auth error goes away and
the volume applet starts and works.

I'm not clear how it's suppose to be setup. Doesn't seem like all
users should be using the same .Xauthority file.

How is xauth used in LTSP? There's also an .Xauthority file in the
ltsp client's ~root's home directory. Is that also involved?

--
Bill Moseley
moseley@hank.org