Old 11-21-2007, 06:32 PM
"Jordan Mantha"

Default School Advocacy pamphlet for 7.10

On Nov 19, 2007 6:58 PM, d165302 <d165302@jtd54.com> wrote:
> Folks,
> My name is Eddie Guernsey. God has taken me to help the Gonzalez
> Education Recreation Community Center (http://gonzalezcenter.org/) in
> Corpus Christi Texas. They have no tec support knowledge and my little
> knowledge of Edubuntu is that it is free. Would you please send to me
> the School Advocacy pamphlet for 7.10 file so that I can share it with
> the people at the Ed-rec center. The price of free is what we can handle.

Yes, free is a good price. The School Advocacy pamphlet hasn't been
really updated for a while. You can find it online at
http://www.edubuntu.org/UsingEdubuntu. There are a few minor spots
that should be updated, but overall it should give you a picture of
what's available.

> 1- I presently have 6 p1-p2 cpu that seem to fit the bill of
> thin-client. Is that so?

It depends some on what you plan on doing with them. Pentium Is might
be sluggish but I think Pentium IIs will work. Somebody please correct
me if I'm wrong.

> 2- I have never setup levels of security, how many levels do I need?

Security can be handled in many different ways, and the good thing is
that Edubuntu can handle it. You might want to check out:
https://help.ubuntu.com/7.10/keeping-safe/C/index.html
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Security

> 3- Please send any other info to help setup an education computer lab.

I would recommend subscribing to the edubuntu-users mailing list (you
can do that from http://lists.ubuntu.com), which I'm also sending this
to.

-Jordan Mantha