Old 02-04-2009, 06:58 AM
Sameer Verma

Default running nubae's fatclient in a lab...

I finally got a chance to run the fatclient with all 32 clients. It
works! A couple of gotchas. Once the students log in, they see all
other accounts on the system in the account switcher. I'd like to keep
that private. The other issue is that if the student does a cd.. from
his home folder, it shows all the other home directories.

I realize that the students will need password to switch accounts or
directories, but it would be nice to hide the stuff they don't need to
see.

Any workarounds?

Sameer
--
Dr. Sameer Verma, Ph.D.
San Francisco State University

Old 02-04-2009, 05:15 PM
Sameer Verma

On Tue, Feb 3, 2009 at 11:58 PM, Sameer Verma <sverma@sfsu.edu> wrote:
> I finally got a chance to run the fatclient with all 32 clients. It
> works! A couple of gotchas. Once the students log in, they see all
> other accounts on the system in the account switcher. I'd like to keep
> that private. The other issue is that if the student does a cd.. from
> his home folder, it shows all the other home directories.

As per David's suggestion via IM, I'm going to do a permissions thing
and hide home directories of other students. I'll also try removing
the acct switcher and see what I get. Will report back here.

Sameer