Old 01-15-2009, 06:57 PM
"M Rathburn"

Default Thin Client Boot Splash

Edubuntu 8.10 on amd64, 32bit clients

Well, I've managed to create my own usplash theme, and it's working great on
the console! So how do I now use this usplash theme on the clients? Not
finding any documentation out there on that one.

I tried copying my new theme to the chroot's /usr/lib/usplash/ directory. I
then linked /etc/alternatives/usplash-artwork.so to this file while in
chroot. Finally I tried 'sudo dpkg-reconfigure usplash' while still in
chroot.

Updated the image, but still shows the original ubuntu system bootsplash.
From the client I can clearly see that the symlink is correct What am I
missing?

Thanks.

Old 01-20-2009, 08:40 PM
"M Rathburn"

> Edubuntu 8.10 on amd64, 32bit clients
>
> Well, I've managed to create my own usplash theme, and it's
> working great on the console! So how do I now use this
> usplash theme on the clients? Not finding any documentation
> out there on that one.
>
> I tried copying my new theme to the chroot's
> /usr/lib/usplash/ directory. I then linked
> /etc/alternatives/usplash-artwork.so to this file while in
> chroot. Finally I tried 'sudo dpkg-reconfigure usplash'
> while still in chroot.
>
> Updated the image, but still shows the original ubuntu system
> bootsplash.
> From the client I can clearly see that the symlink is correct
> What am I missing?
>
> Thanks.

Solved this one...

While in chroot, after changing the link to the new theme, run:

dpkg-reconfigure usplash

Exit chroot, then:

ltsp-update-kernels

Rebuild image and reboot thin client.