Old 01-14-2009, 05:26 PM
john

Default Help needed getting javaplugin working for firefox under amd64

Hi all,

I am running hardy for AMD64, with NTA 6030 clients running on images
built in 32 bit mode.

I've been struggling to get the java plug in to work in firefox 3.05

The official release from Sun
http://java.com/en/download/linux_manual.jsp?locale=en&host=java.com:80

Doesn't appear to have /libjavaplugin_oji.so which is what I am used
to linking from /usr/lib/firefox/plugins

Can anyone point me at a howto for getting the java plugin working for
my configuration?

Thanks!

John

Old 01-15-2009, 07:23 PM
john

Hi all,

I sent this to edubuntu-users but got no response so I'll try here:

Old 01-16-2009, 12:44 AM
"Tricia Bowen"

*
$ cd /usr/lib/firefox/plugins
$ ln -s /usr/java/jre1.6.0/plugin/i386/ns7/libjavaplugin_oji.so .

--Tricia
*