Old 01-02-2009, 05:04 PM
Chris Gravenor

Default LTSP qusetions

I'm going to write a proposal to test LTSP in my classroom and I hope
that I can get answers to some simple questions.

In January all the teachers in my school will recieve a new computer
(dual core with 4 gigs RAM) that should be more then enough to run a
small LTSP network (2 to 4 clients). I'm hoping that while running as a
server, the techer's computer can also be used for other tasks
(emailing, entering marks, etc.). Am I correct in this assumption?

I have seen that the server needs a 128 megs of RAM to run each client,
what does the client need to run off the server (cpu and RAM)?

In our school you can log into any computer and be able to access your
files that you've kept on the server. Is it possible to easily setup my
classroom LTSP so that students can access their files in the wider
network?

And lastly is there a HOWTO or method on locking down the clients
desktop from the server?

Thanks in advance

Chris Gravenor