Old 12-19-2008, 02:44 PM
antonello facchetti

Default feisty repo disappeared?

I've got some pcs with ubuntu 7.04 feisty in the lab (edubuntu flavour)
and i noticed that synaptic gave me not found errors during update.
I tried to find out why by going via browser to the url of the repos:

http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/dists/

there I found out that there is no more /feisty directory, where you
find main-multiverse-restricted-universe dirs.
The same in the italian server.

All other releases from dapper on are ok.
What can i do?

TIA
Antonello

Old 12-19-2008, 03:19 PM
Fabian Rodriguez

Old 12-19-2008, 05:51 PM
Asmo Koskinen

Fabian Rodriguez kirjoitti:

> I'd encourage you to plan an upgrade to 7.10 or even 8.04.

Go for 8.04.1 Alternate LTS (...2011/2013)

Do the fresh install:

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UbuntuLTSP/LTSPQuickInstall
http://releases.ubuntu.com/8.04/

Best Regards Asmo Koskinen.