Old 12-14-2008, 06:23 PM
francois

Default Ioctl/1.1a failed

I've installed Ubuntu 8.10 (kernel 2.6.27-7-generic) on a computer with
an athlon 3800+ processor.

Then :

sudo ltsp-build-client

After configuring var/lib/tftpboot/lts.conf

I try booting a client

- client 1 : old compaq deskpro with 128 mo Ram
- client 2 : MSI wind netbook with 1 Mo ram and an atom processor.

In both cases the boot is stopping after a time with just a blank
blinking underscore on the left top ofv the screen.

Then I press ctrl-alt-f1 on the client and read this error
----
Negotiation: ..size = 177452 KB
bs=1024, sz=156428
Kernel call returned: Broken pipe Reconnecting
Negotiation: ..size = 156428 KB
Error: Ioctl/1.1a failed: Bad file descriptor
---

Mr Google gave me that the same problem already exists :
http://www.nabble.com/How-to-change-Ubuntu-8.10-Linux-Terminal-Server-network-address--p20297094.html

But I didn't find (or understand) any response in theses pages.

Did anyone have heard that kind of problem.