-   -   Ncomputing X300 (http://www.linux-archive.org/edubuntu-user/208441-ncomputing-x300.html)

Christopher Chan 12-09-2008 03:24 AM

Ncomputing X300

francois wrote:
> I have tested The X300 kit from NComputing.
>
> http://www.ldlc.com/articles/AL00000298-1/ncomputing-xtenda-x300.html
>
> http://www.ncomputing.com/Products/Xseries.aspx
>
> It is working on Windows and Linux but Linux driver is only for Kernel
> 2.6.20 Ubuntu Feisty.

Wow, you can actually get the Linux software for that piece of junk? I
have to look again I suppose.

> Working fine fine but had keaboard problems and there are only
> proprietary drivers.

Ha! I never had keyboard problems...what I had was endless stability
problems. Windows XP don't like Ncomputing software and Microsoft's
updates break Ncomputing software from time to time.

> Do you know some kind of thin client as thin (100 g) and as cheap (€ 50)
> but with simple pxe boot ?

I believe Ncomputing's stuff is the only thing I have ever seen of this
genre. Really neat. If only they offered proper Linux support. I guess I
have to check out their website again. I have loads of L130/230 terminals.

Now if Promethean releases Activstudio on Linux next month as they have
said, I will be plenty happy.