Old 12-06-2008, 10:02 AM
Sergio Dicandia

Default Edubuntu, ISDN router, IPCop

Hi,
our school used to connect our Windows ME lan through an ISDN router (Cisco 80x), pre-configured by ISP to dial uop and disconnect after an idel period.
Now I replaced the teacher PC with an Edubuntu LTSP server and thin clients PXE-boot from it.
I used the same IP address schema, and both server and clients use the same fixed IP addresses they had in Windows.
LTSP DHCP has been configured with fixed IPs assigned to the proper MAC addresses, and the lease range (not used, but) excludes the router, qhich has a fixed IP as well.

Strange thing is nobody can connect to the Internet anymore: no way to have the router dial the ISP up.

Everything is fine if the boot Windows up, but no results with Edubuntu ..
Now, since I wanted to put a proxy (IPCop) between the LAN
and the Internet, I need to be sure the Internet can be reached, before putting anything between the lan and the router.

Any suggestion ?

Thanks in advance