Old 12-16-2007, 12:33 AM
Bill Moseley

Default GNOME volume applet doesn't work but alsamixer does

On Sat, Nov 17, 2007 at 03:04:10PM -0800, Bill Moseley wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 08, 2007 at 07:13:47AM -0800, Bill Moseley wrote:
> > On Wed, Nov 07, 2007 at 02:15:45PM -0800, Bill Moseley wrote:
> > > Now that sound is working completely (Thanks all that helped!) I notice that the
> > > volume control isn't working, but I can start alsamixer and it shows
> > > only one single PluseAudio control and that works to control the
> > > volume.
> >
> > Just to be clear on this -- the volume applet preferences doesn't list
> > a PluseAudio option -- just the typical "Master", "Line In", etc.
>
> Anyone have ideas about this? Is this a configuration option for the
> volumn applet?

I'm still stuck on this one. Any ideas why I'm not seeing PulseAudio
as an option in the volume applet?

Same thing with gnome-volume-control -- it only shows two items for
the "device" (ALSA and OSS mixers).

BTW -- the volume panel applet seems to only sometimes start. Not
sure if that might related, or not.

--
Bill Moseley
moseley@hank.org