Old 12-13-2007, 08:10 AM
"Quynh Vu Do"

Default Experience return about Edubuntu LTSP 7.10

Hi,

We installed an edubuntu 7.10 server about one month ago in order to test it. Installation was easy and we successfully booted two thin-clients on our first test session.

Later we went into some problems which were basically solved with some research on Google, the Edubuntu list. Only one is left for further attention which is the use of local USB drives on the thin-clients.

We have documented our tests and troubleshooting experiences here :

http://www.hanoilug.org/dokuwiki/projects:ltsp:edubuntu

Otherwise Edubuntu
7.10 LTSP is quite good from our (first) experience. We are going to test Edubuntu 7.04 to compare with 7.10 using our set of testing materials.

regards
Quynh (Hanoi, Vietnam)

Old 12-13-2007, 08:30 AM
Reiner Schmid

Hi
> Hi,
>
> We installed an edubuntu 7.10 server about one month ago in order to
> test it. Installation was easy and we successfully booted two
> thin-clients on our first test session.
>
> Later we went into some problems which were basically solved with some
> research on Google, the Edubuntu list. Only one is left for further
> attention which is the use of local USB drives on the thin-clients.
>
> We have documented our tests and troubleshooting experiences here :
>
> http://www.hanoilug.org/dokuwiki/projects:ltsp:edubuntu
>
> Otherwise Edubuntu 7.10 LTSP is quite good from our (first)
> experience. We are going to test Edubuntu 7.04 to compare with 7.10
> using our set of testing materials.
>
> regards
> Quynh (Hanoi, Vietnam)
The only problem, until now, is the detection of local block devices on
the thin-client......
See bug
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ltsp/+bug/160420

That helped me