Old 12-12-2007, 05:08 PM
"Mike White"

Default Edubuntu 7.10 - A Released Debacle and a Practice in Failure -Response

> A sensible
> school (in my opinion) should do once a year upgrades during the
yearly
> transition
> (summer break for us).
>
> My 2 cents,
> Jim

Not sure how unique our situation is, but as we use 7.04 to serve 28
student machines in our computer lab, it is not so consequential for us
to "experiment" with an upgrade to 7.10 over Christmas break, as we will
be doing. In our situation, waiting until April has the potential to be
a pain.

Mike W.
Bradshaw Christian School
Sacramento, CA

Old 12-12-2007, 05:15 PM
"daria lemail"

Hi !

Like Jim I tend to prefer one release per year in April for same reasons.

My 2 cents too.
Daria.

2007/12/12, Mike White <
mwhite@bradshawchristian.com>:> A sensible

http://daria.servhome.org

Old 12-12-2007, 08:33 PM
Richard Doyle

On Wed, 2007-12-12 at 10:08 -0800, Mike White wrote:
> > A sensible
> > school (in my opinion) should do once a year upgrades during the
> yearly
> > transition
> > (summer break for us).
> >
> > My 2 cents,
> > Jim
> >

> Not sure how unique our situation is, but as we use 7.04 to serve 28
> student machines in our computer lab, it is not so consequential for us
> to "experiment" with an upgrade to 7.10 over Christmas break, as we will
> be doing. In our situation, waiting until April has the potential to be
> a pain.
We use 7.04 to serve 18 clients, and will also be experimenting with
7.10 over the winter break. The existing release schedule has worked
well for us, with plenty of time to implement the April release before
the start of school in September, and to test the October release over
the break.