Old 10-13-2008, 10:19 PM
VY

Default convert from 32bit to 64bit

Dear All:

I have installed Edubuntu on this Intel dual-core EMT64 box a few months ago.* At that time,
I did not think about the 32bit vs 64bit issue.* Lately, I have the need
to do some work in a 64bit environment and then discovered that I have actually installed a 32-bit Edubuntu on this box.

(my 'uname -a':* Linux vt-desktop 2.6.24-16-generic #1 SMP Thu Apr 10 13:23:42 UTC 2008 i686 GNU/Linux)

Is it pretty simple to upgrade to 64 bit edubuntu?* I would not want to reformat my drives since I want to preserve

all the current data.

Any tips much appreciated.

thanks

-Vincent