-   -   USB icon (http://www.linux-archive.org/edubuntu-user/174147-usb-icon.html)

"Jeff Bonton" 10-10-2008 04:31 PM

USB icon

I currently have an Edubuntu 8.04 server handling 4 thin clients in a
school environment. I will soon be enlarging this effort but this
strange behavior is now happening.

I am having problems with
random USB or jump drives. When a student plugs in their jump drive it
shows up on all 4 of the clients and on the server. No one except the
user with the drive attached to their pc can access the drive.

Once the user is done and removes the drive, the icon remains on
the desktops. The only way that I have found to remove the icon is a
server reboot.

Does anyone have an idea of where to start looking for a solution or a work around.

Thanks
Jeff Bonton