Old 10-02-2008, 05:37 AM
"Reiner Schmid"

Default Re; sytem crawling ,,,,,

My system was crawling. too.

Perhaps you can

install speedometer to test the speed of eth0 (or eth1)

and test the connection between server and clients with

speedometer -rx eth0 -tx eth0

I removed the"network manager" and" avahi-autoip" to get a better connection.

Do you use a realtek gigabit networkcard? There is a bug with Realtek 8168/8169 cards.

Reiner Schmid
Jetzt dabei sein: http://www.shortview.de/wasistshortview.php?mc=sv_ext_mf@gmx

Old 10-02-2008, 02:05 PM
Luis Montes

Reiner Schmid wrote:
> My system was crawling. too.
>
> Perhaps you can
>
> install speedometer to test the speed of eth0 (or eth1)
>
> and test the connection between server and clients with
>
> speedometer -rx eth0 -tx eth0
>
> I removed the"network manager" and" avahi-autoip" to get a better connection.
>
> Do you use a realtek gigabit networkcard? There is a bug with Realtek 8168/8169 cards.
>

> Reiner Schmid

Looks like my network card is a "Broadcom Corporation NetXtreme II
BCM5708 Gigabit Ethernet (rev 12)"
And it's connected to a gigabit switch.

Here's the output of speedometer:
http://members.cox.net/monteslu/network.png