Old 12-11-2007, 08:34 AM
"Thomas Agorastoudis"

Default LTSP problem (edubuntu 7.10)

I have 2 computers (client)
the first has p4 2.8 and 3com NIC. This machine works fine (with floppy)
The second machine is a pII 350 with 128mbytes RAM and a Realtec 8139 card (no bootroom)THE PROBLEM

when boots, its stop with error
No sound comfiguration Found or something like that (i cant remember right now , i'not close to comp.)
and module.c "module detect" etc etc.

I am a teacher and comps hasn't sound cards.

how can i fix this. (i try lts.conf (/opt....) SOUND = FALSE but nothing happens..
Thank you in advance
(and sorry for my english, προτιμώ τα ελληνικά)

--
Αγοραστούδης Θωμάς
Καθηγητής *ληροφορικής

tomagor@gmail.com

Old 12-11-2007, 08:56 AM
francois Barillon

Le mardi 11 dcembre 2007 11:34 +0200, Thomas Agorastoudis a crit :
> I am a teacher and comps hasn't sound cards.
> how can i fix this. (i try lts.conf (/opt....) SOUND = FALSE but
> nothing happens..
> Thank you in advance

In Edubuntu 7.10, you'd better create :
/var/lib/tftpboot/ltsp/i386/lts.conf

If you modify something in /opt/ltsp/i386/ you will have to :
sudo ltsp-update-image

to update the squashfs compressed image witch is now used by ltsp5.

Regards,

Franois