Old 12-10-2007, 05:03 PM
"R. Scott Belford"

Default compatible interactive whiteboard

antonello facchetti wrote:
> We are planning to buy an interactive whiteboard for our school.
> Obviously, I'm looking for an edubuntu/linux compatible one.
> Is there someone that has found one? What brand? type?
>
> tia
> Antonello

The smartboard does a great job of supporting distros like Ubuntu.

--scott

Old 03-08-2009, 07:40 PM
Robert Citek

On Mon, Dec 10, 2007 at 1:03 PM, R. Scott Belford <scott@hosef.org> wrote:
> antonello facchetti wrote:
>> We are planning to buy an interactive whiteboard for our school.
>> Obviously, I'm looking for an edubuntu/linux compatible one.
>> Is there someone that has found one? What brand? type?
>>
>> tia
>> Antonello
>>

> The smartboard does a great job of supporting distros like Ubuntu.
>
> --scott

You could supplement your Smartboard with a wiimote and a projector to
create a wiiboard. *Here are my notes for doing this under Ubuntu
Intrepid Ibex 8.10:

http://groups.google.com/group/cwelug/msg/fdc31300fd432f7d

This wiiboard is a variation of Johnny Lee's demonstration at TED:

http://www.ted.com/index.php/talks/johnny_lee_demos_wii_remote_hacks.html

Regards,
- Robert

Old 03-09-2009, 02:32 AM
Christopher Chan

> You could supplement your Smartboard with a wiimote and a projector to
> create a wiiboard. Here are my notes for doing this under Ubuntu
> Intrepid Ibex 8.10:
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/cwelug/msg/fdc31300fd432f7d
>
> This wiiboard is a variation of Johnny Lee's demonstration at TED:
>
> http://www.ted.com/index.php/talks/johnny_lee_demos_wii_remote_hacks.html

Do you have a hack for a second or even a third mouse button?

cheers,

Christopher

Old 03-09-2009, 02:40 AM
"David Trask"

I have a SMARTBoard running fine with Edubuntu thin-client. I run the
program as a localapp.

Robert Citek <robert.citek@gmail.com> writes:
>On Mon, Dec 10, 2007 at 1:03 PM, R. Scott Belford <scott@hosef.org> wrote:
>> antonello facchetti wrote:
>>> We are planning to buy an interactive whiteboard for our school.
>>> Obviously, I'm looking for an edubuntu/linux compatible one.
>>> Is there someone that has found one? What brand? type?
>>>
>>> tia
>>> Antonello
>>>

>> The smartboard does a great job of supporting distros like Ubuntu.
>>
>> --scott
>
>You could supplement your Smartboard with a wiimote and a projector to
>create a wiiboard. Here are my notes for doing this under Ubuntu
>Intrepid Ibex 8.10:
>
>http://groups.google.com/group/cwelug/msg/fdc31300fd432f7d
>
>This wiiboard is a variation of Johnny Lee's demonstration at TED:
>
>http://www.ted.com/index.php/talks/johnny_lee_demos_wii_remote_hacks.html
>
>Regards,
>- Robert
>
>--

David N. Trask
Technology Teacher/Director
Vassalboro Community School
dtrask@vcsvikings.org
(207)923-3100

Old 03-09-2009, 04:29 AM
Christopher Chan

>> http://groups.google.com/group/cwelug/msg/fdc31300fd432f7d
>>
> Do you have a hack for a second or even a third mouse button?

I should have read first and then ask questions. Right click delay was
mentioned on the post and so there is a right click hack for this.

Now, all we need is a good LED projector to complete a cheap and great
solution.

Christopher

Old 03-09-2009, 05:42 AM
Olle Englund

We have a SMART-board in our school but as current the Linux software
installer exits with errors :-( The machine dual boots Windows so the
SMART-board is used from there. I've had other problems with earlier
version of the Linux version of the software/drivers so at this moment
I cannot recommend SMART-boards and Edubuntu/Ubuntu.

/ Olle

Old 03-09-2009, 05:55 AM
Asmo Koskinen

Robert Citek kirjoitti:

> http://groups.google.com/group/cwelug/msg/fdc31300fd432f7d

http://www.lifelonglearner.us/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/wiimote_presentationkey.pdf

That was something really new to me, I'll do that!

Best Regards Asmo Koskinen.

Old 03-09-2009, 06:22 AM
nigel barker

Olle Englund wrote:
> We have a SMART-board in our school but as current the Linux software
> installer exits with errors :-( The machine dual boots Windows so the
> SMART-board is used from there. I've had other problems with earlier
> version of the Linux version of the software/drivers so at this moment
> I cannot recommend SMART-boards and Edubuntu/Ubuntu.

The software on the CD does that, but if you download from Smart web
page (free in exchange for your e-mail address) you get a working
version. Or I did anyway.

nigel

Old 03-09-2009, 06:50 AM
Asmo Koskinen