Old 09-22-2008, 04:20 PM
Mike White

Default 7.10 Gusty - Client Login not loading

I’ve give up on my issues over the weekend and setup a
brand new 7.10 GG machine for thin clients. Problem is, the thin clients boot
perfectly but only to the command prompt. the GUI login doesn’t initiate.
I went by the book on setting this one up, any thoughts/help?

*

Michael
White

Bradshaw Christian School

Technology Coordinator

mwhite@bradshawchristian.com

*

Old 09-22-2008, 06:20 PM
Mike White

I found a previous response from Mr.
McGullagh about placing an entry in /var/lib/tftpboot/ltsp/i386/lts.conf such
as:

*

[Client
MAC Address]

* X_COLOR_DEPTH = 16

*

This gets me into a client login screen.
Now I am unable to authenticate. I have already attempted

*

sudo update-ltsp-sshkeys

*********** and

sudo update-ltsp-image

*

a few times. I have added users into the
system via the Users and Groups box.

*

Old 09-22-2008, 08:31 PM
Gavin McCullagh

Hi,

On Mon, 22 Sep 2008, Mike White wrote:

> This gets me into a client login screen. Now I am unable to authenticate.
> I have already attempted
>
> sudo update-ltsp-sshkeys
> and
> sudo update-ltsp-image

I presume you mean:

sudo ltsp-update-image
sudo ltsp-update-sshkeys

(if not you might want to try these).

There are some instructions for debugging thin client logins here:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DebugThinClientLogin

Gavin

Old 09-23-2008, 12:47 PM
"David Van Assche"

On Mon, Sep 22, 2008 at 10:31 PM, Gavin McCullagh <gmccullagh@gmail.com> wrote:

>> sudo update-ltsp-sshkeys
>> and
>> sudo update-ltsp-image
>
> I presume you mean:
>
> sudo ltsp-update-image
> sudo ltsp-update-sshkeys

With these the other way round like so:
sudo ltsp-update-sshkeys and then sudo ltsp-update-image