Old 09-20-2008, 11:34 AM
Steve Wu

Default Desktop Shortcuts

I'm running Edubuntu 8.04 and maybe I'm being brain dead due to the fast 'n furious start of school, but I can't seem to simply place shortcuts to our high use apps on the desktop. I thought in our previous 6.06 Edubuntu, I could add shortcuts ala WinXP - right click on the app in the Applications drop down, and then have a choice to send it to the desktop.

I'm not seeing any options if I do that, nor can I just drag it over from the Application drop down. What am I missing here? How do I add shortcuts to a desktop in 8.04?

Many thanks in advance!**

- Steve--
edubuntu-users mailing list
edubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com