Old 09-17-2008, 06:27 PM
Luya Tshimbalanga

Default New object-rotate-right icon draft (last of object-* series)

Martin Sourada a écrit :
> The 256x256 is too thick, compare with object-rotate-left.
Whoops, corrected.

> The 48x48
> needs a little tweak on the out-most border, in top left corner of the
> canvas it's a little blurry.
Slight alignment set on left side.
> The 32x32 one seems to have blurry
> transition between the orange and white part (not 100% sure about that,
> it feels that way).
Changed the direction of gradient.
> The 22x22 is a little offset.

Fixed.

Luya

Old 09-17-2008, 06:54 PM
Luya Tshimbalanga

Martin Sourada a écrit :
> The 256x256 is too thick, compare with object-rotate-left.
Whoops, corrected.

> The 48x48
> needs a little tweak on the out-most border, in top left corner of the
> canvas it's a little blurry.
Slight alignment set on left side.
> The 32x32 one seems to have blurry
> transition between the orange and white part (not 100% sure about that,
> it feels that way).
Changed the direction of gradient.
> The 22x22 is a little offset.

Fixed.

svg version is hosted due to limit.

Luya

Reference:

Old 09-17-2008, 09:41 PM
Luya Tshimbalanga

Martin Sourada a écrit*:

I've fixed the remaining issues, see the attachment (I've also removed
unused defs in the SVG, so it's not that big now).

Martin

Ok. There is no further comment. Shall I push it to git?

Luya

Old 09-17-2008, 10:46 PM
Luya Tshimbalanga

Martin Sourada a écrit :
> You are free to do so. Don't forget to let the echo-add-icon script also
> do the branch specific changes - it's not only adding symlinks, but also
> adding the icon to the build scripts (for master branch). You haven't
> done this for object-flip-* pushes (so I've done it instead ;-). You can
> call the scrip multiple times - if you do not make any changes, it
> generates (almost always) the exact same PNGs and always same SVGs, so
> if you forget to make the branch changes, you can push it once again and
> do them for the second time (or e.g. if you forget to add symlink, ...).

So that was the bug from echo-artist package. Good to see the process is
fixed.
> It also checks for whether the icon / symlink is already included in the
> build scripts (speaking now about master branch), so it should not do
> any duplicities either, so you don't have to worry calling it multiple
> times on same icon ;-)

Let's give a try.

Luya

Old 09-17-2008, 11:16 PM
Luya Tshimbalanga

Martin Sourada a écrit*:

Good, just check whether you have the 48x48 icon grouped and labelled as
scalable (otherwise the scalable icon might end up being empty). I
recently realised I tend to forgot to do that step (and it's possible I
forgot to do it in the object-rotate-* icons), so I'll probably create
another script that would just check if the source SVG is OK and print
warnings/errors if there are problems... Or maybe I could check it in
the echo-add-icon before anything is done...

I just hit another bug.* For some reasons, png icons on any size will
appears either empty

or out of space. Check* out the git.

Luya

Old 09-18-2008, 09:31 AM
Luya Tshimbalanga

Martin Sourada a écrit :
> $ /usr/bin/inkscape -i rect5319
> -e /home/martin/Projects/Echo/git/base/16x16/actions/object-rotate-left.png object-rotate-left.svg > /dev/null 2>&1
>
> Seems like you imported another one-canvas SVG, but didn't removed the
> hidden plate layer, which of course imported not as a layer but as an
> object inside the layer you imported it to. You can delete it using Edit
> -> XMLEditor...
>
> I've fixed both the SVG and the commit.

I saw that but I was not sure if that layer was a cause. It was hard to
detect visually.
I am pushing your corrected object-rotate-right version.

Luya
- still in learning mode