Old 09-16-2008, 09:32 AM
Jean-Francois CLEMENT

Default Configuring LTSP on Ubuntu 8.04

nmaro@sjut.ac.tz a écrit :
> I am setting up a terminal server for a classroom using Ubuntu 8.04.
> I have installed all the packages needed.Once I started configuring the
> DHCP and connected my clients,the clients didn't receive the IP addresses.
> This is what I put in /etc/ltsp/dhcpd.conf
>

> Network 192.168.0.0
> Netmask 255.255.255.0
> Gateway 192.168.0.255

seem strange, 192.168.0.255 it's usually for broadcast ?

do you have 1 or 2 nic in your server ? can you paste your dhcpd.conf ?

--
Jean-François CLEMENT

Old 09-16-2008, 12:38 PM
"Charles Austin"

On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 5:32 AM, Jean-Francois CLEMENT
<Jean-Francois.Clement@univ-brest.fr> wrote:

> nmaro@sjut.ac.tz a écrit :
> > I am setting up a terminal server for a classroom using Ubuntu 8.04.
> > I have installed all the packages needed.Once I started configuring the
> > DHCP and connected my clients,the clients didn't receive the IP addresses.
> > This is what I put in /etc/ltsp/dhcpd.conf
> >

> > Network 192.168.0.0
> > Netmask 255.255.255.0
> > Gateway 192.168.0.255
> >
> seem strange, 192.168.0.255 it's usually for broadcast ?
Jean-Francois is absolutely correct. With the information given, the
192.168.0.255 address is not usable. You must change the IP on the
gateway, and in your settings.

> do you have 1 or 2 nic in your server ? can you paste your dhcpd.conf ?
>
> > DNS 213.185.122.131
> >
> > My server IP 192.168.0.248
> >
> > Can anyone help so that the clients get the IP's and latter connect to the
> > internet thru the server.

If you fix the gateway address, everything should work.