Old 09-10-2008, 01:03 PM
"Phoenixink"

Default HP Vextra VEi7, PS2 Mouse doesn't work as Hardy thin client

Hi,
*
I have multiple thin clients set up working well
with 8.04.
However, I have just received some HP Vectra VEi7
machines and the PS2 mouse does not work at all when booted by PXE as a thin
client.
If I boot the Windows XP on the hard drive the
mouse works correctly. It only doesn't work when I boot Edubuntu.
*
If I replace the PS2 mouse with a USB mouse the USB
mouse works well even when booted as a client.
*
Any advise on getting the PS2 mouse to work*on
this thin client?
*
Thanks
*
Jim*

Old 09-11-2008, 10:20 AM
"Todd O'Bryan"

If the machines book XP, I assume they have a hard drive?

If they have a CD drive, try booting into the Ubuntu Live CD and see if the mouse works there. If no, it's a generic Ubuntu problem. If yes, it's a problem specific to LTSP and the machine's status as a thin client.

Todd

On Wed, Sep 10, 2008 at 9:03 AM, Phoenixink <phoenixink@comcast.net> wrote:

Hi,
*