Old 12-09-2007, 06:12 AM
"Marcus"

Default Clients shows splash then drops to shell

I have a startup problem with a new 7.10 Edubuntu installation.

The thin client boots from PXE and shows the Edubuntu splash
screen for 2-3 seconds. Then it switches to a busybox shell.
The prompt shows "(initramfs)".

Can anybody help?

I should note that the installation gave an error about
building the LTSP chroot. I booted into the new installation
and ran sudo ltsp-build-client. That installed okay afaik, but
DHCP is not started automatically when the server boots. I
wonder whether some services are not running. Which ones should
be started and what are the commands?

Many Thanks,

nibl