Old 08-27-2008, 05:07 AM
john

Default root can't delete a users .gvfs

Hi all,

I have noticed a couple of times a users desktop "locking up" or
becoming unusable in some way. This problem seems to be related to the
.gvfs ownership getting goofed up. Instead of the file being owned by
the user in question ls -la will show something like:

d------ 2 ? ? 4096 2008-04-25 07:37 .gvfs

The file cannot be removed by the user nor can it be removed by root
using rm -rf .gvfs/

The only cure I've found so far is to reboot the entire server. Whats
going on and is there a better way to clear this file if it gets
corrupted (I suppose I should wonder why it's getting goofed up as
well).

As it stands I am afraid to deploy Hardy because I don't have a good
way to resolve this issue. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

John

Old 08-27-2008, 03:16 PM
john