Old 07-27-2008, 04:59 PM
Bob Terrell

Default Edubuntu 8.04, Tuxtype not responing to keyboard in Cascade game.

In Edubuntu 8.04, Tuxtype is not responding to the keyboard in Cascade game. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Edubuntu Desktop along with Tuxtype, and the problem remains. I should have plenty of cpu speed and memory. Tuxmath and the rest of Tuxtype are all working correctly.

This problem is on the Tuxtype bug report page from 2002 (bug# 159436), as occuring at 240 wpm typing speed. I am not typing anywhere near that fast, and the keyboard is not responding. I have not found any workarounds or fixes yet. I also cannot find a place to send to bug report for Tuxtype.

Thanks for any help you can give.
Bob Terrell

$ uname -a
Linux admin01-desktop 2.6.24-19-generic #1 SMP Fri Jul 11 23:41:49 UTC 2008 i686 GNU/Linux

$ cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor : 0
vendor_id : AuthenticAMD
cpu family : 6
model : 4
model name : AMD Athlon(tm) Processor
stepping : 2
cpu MHz : 1199.778
cache size : 256 KB
fdiv_bug : no
hlt_bug : no
f00f_bug : no
coma_bug : no
fpu : yes
fpu_exception : yes
cpuid level : 1
wp : yes
flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 mmx fxsr syscall mmxext 3dnowext 3dnow up
bogomips : 2402.13
clflush size : 32

$ cat /proc/meminfo
MemTotal: 385512 kB