Old 07-24-2008, 02:34 PM
"Barb A. Tabor"

Default sabayon and pessulus

Hello. * Does anyone have experience
using sabayon within edubuntu? *I am having a lot of trouble. It locks
up, doesn't change the image when I save the profile, etc. *

Anyone else have these troubles? *Is
there another way to edit the images that the thin clients recieve in Hardy??

Thanks. *Barb--
edubuntu-users mailing list
edubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com

Old 12-16-2008, 03:19 PM
"Madzsar, Andrew"

I am using active directory authentication (via likewise). When I go
to lock down users they all show up, which is very exciting for me.
But it would be great if I could select active directory groups to
apply the lockdown to (would be a huge time saver). Any advice or
stories to share?

-Andrew

P.S - I am running Hardy and while searching through the emails on
this list I saw a few people had problems with this. Please tell me
that someone is able to use sabayon and pessulus...

Old 12-16-2008, 03:40 PM
Steve Rippl

Don't know how much Likewise connects, but I know that we use kerberos/pam_ldap for AD authentication/authorization and we have it reading AD groups in kiosktool (which apparently is sabayon or pessulus applied to kde).* If you can do a `getent group domain admins` or something and it returns a result then I think it should appear in the lockdown tool.*

Steve Rippl

Woodland School District

Old 12-16-2008, 11:30 PM
Christopher Chan

Madzsar, Andrew wrote:
> I am using active directory authentication (via likewise). When I go
> to lock down users they all show up, which is very exciting for me.
> But it would be great if I could select active directory groups to
> apply the lockdown to (would be a huge time saver). Any advice or
> stories to share?

Go KDE. No support for groups on GNOME....not yet anyway.

I can also attest to kiosktool working with AD groups after a proper
winbind setup. Not sure about other ways of connecting to AD.

cheers,

Christopher