Old 07-17-2008, 09:26 PM
mario salcedo

Default application prefered

Hi, anybody know how I can change the text editor prefered. I prefer to use vim but when I use visudo, this open vi.

Old 07-17-2008, 09:48 PM
Gavin McCullagh

Hi,

On Thu, 17 Jul 2008, mario salcedo wrote:

> Hi, anybody know how I can change the text editor prefered. I prefer to
> use vim but when I use visudo, this open vi.

Make sure vim is actually installed and put:

export EDITOR=vim

into .bashrc in your home directory. Next time you run bash, it should be
there for you. If you want to try it in your current shell, just run the
above command in that shell.

Gavin

Old 07-21-2008, 05:38 PM
mario salcedo