Old 07-16-2008, 09:01 PM
"Krsnendu dasa"

Default Sabayon

Has anyone got Sabayon going? I had bad experiences last time I used it (it might be related to ldap - not sure).
Any success stories?

Old 07-17-2008, 01:28 PM
"Charles Austin"

On Wed, Jul 16, 2008 at 5:01 PM, Krsnendu dasa <krsnendu108@gmail.com> wrote:
> Has anyone got Sabayon going? I had bad experiences last time I used it (it
> might be related to ldap - not sure).
> Any success stories?

I have not tried it in Hardy, but Sabayon was seriously broken in my
basically default LTSP set-up in Gutsy. Unable to save changes to
configs because the program kept crashing, etc.

Charles

Old 07-17-2008, 01:55 PM
"David Van Assche"

Sabayon isn't perfect, but it's the best option there is for locking
down the desktop on a per user or per group basis (with the help of
pessulus.) I have used it to lockdown exam accounts... basically set
up a skeleton account with the exams, remove internet access, offer a
menu with only the applications they required (in my case open
office), remove terminal access, and print access to a specific
printer...

For doing that, it worked perfectly, though it tends to crash at
times... but since thats just during the creation process, its not the
end of the world...