Old 07-09-2008, 01:18 AM
Mickey Moore

Default Changing the thin client login theme on Hardy

My ultimate goal is to change the thin client login background and logo to one specific to our school. I find I am unable even to switch from the default ubuntu theme to the edubuntu theme. I have read an FAQ about this that suggested that I needed only change the chroot(/opt/ltsp/i386) symlink in /usr/share/ldm/themes/default (which links to /etc/alternatives/ldm-theme which links to /usr/share/ldm/themes/ubuntu). This has no effect on Hardy. Does anyone know the process for changing the ldm login screen theme on Hardy?

Old 07-09-2008, 01:30 AM
Oliver Grawert

Am Dienstag, den 08.07.2008, 18:18 -0700 schrieb Mickey Moore:
> My ultimate goal is to change the thin client login background and logo to one specific to our school. I find I am unable even to switch from the default ubuntu theme to the edubuntu theme. I have read an FAQ about this that suggested that I needed only change the chroot(/opt/ltsp/i386) symlink in /usr/share/ldm/themes/default (which links to /etc/alternatives/ldm-theme which links to /usr/share/ldm/themes/ubuntu). This has no effect on Hardy. Does anyone know the process for changing the ldm login screen theme on Hardy?

until and in hardy you should be able to do:
sudo chroot /opt/ltsp/i386 update-alternatives --config ldm-theme
sudo ltsp-update-image

with hardy though there is also the option to use the lts.conf variable
LDM_THEME to set that without having to re-roll the image afterwards...

ciao
oli

Old 07-09-2008, 02:15 AM
Mickey Moore

Thank you - that was the information I needed.

Old 07-25-2008, 04:14 AM
"Krsnendu dasa"

2008/7/9 Oliver Grawert <ogra@ubuntu.com>:
> Am Dienstag, den 08.07.2008, 18:18 -0700 schrieb Mickey Moore:
>> My ultimate goal is to change the thin client login background and logo to one specific to our school. I find I am unable even to switch from the default ubuntu theme to the edubuntu theme. I have read an FAQ about this that suggested that I needed only change the chroot(/opt/ltsp/i386) symlink in /usr/share/ldm/themes/default (which links to /etc/alternatives/ldm-theme which links to /usr/share/ldm/themes/ubuntu). This has no effect on Hardy. Does anyone know the process for changing the ldm login screen theme on Hardy?
>>
> until and in hardy you should be able to do:
> sudo chroot /opt/ltsp/i386 update-alternatives --config ldm-theme
> sudo ltsp-update-image
>
> with hardy though there is also the option to use the lts.conf variable
> LDM_THEME to set that without having to re-roll the image afterwards...

This worked wonderfully.
I now have different greeters for different computers, just by
changing the images and keeping the same name.
How can I change the position of the text box where you type your
username and password? Also how to you change the font next to it.
"Username"