Old 06-25-2008, 01:07 PM
"Barb A. Tabor"

Default active directory

Hello. We have 3 labs (30 puters each)
of Edubuntu stand alones and are in the process of getting 4 additional
labs of Edubuntu (Hardy) thin clients up and going.

Does anyone know the best way to authenicate
to active directory?

Thanks. *Barb

Old 06-25-2008, 01:16 PM
Gavin McCullagh

On Wed, 25 Jun 2008, Barb A. Tabor wrote:

> Hello. We have 3 labs (30 puters each) of Edubuntu stand alones and are in
> the process of getting 4 additional labs of Edubuntu (Hardy) thin clients
> up and going.
> Does anyone know the best way to authenicate to active directory?

A quick Google search brought this up:

http://www.vtcite.org/node/1958?SESS995c7f1df50bd689dd3978919777f094=30b63bef 77cc9b2d83db88ecf6cc7c98
http://docs.google.com/View?docid=dgt4scx6_723twc8dgx

Gavin

Old 07-09-2008, 10:53 PM
john

Hi Barb,

In case you haven't solved this yet. Here's the howto I've followed to
do this. Very easy to follow along in my experience and works very
well.

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/ActiveDirectoryWinbindHowto

hth,

john