Old 06-21-2008, 12:45 AM
"David Trask"

Default FOSSED 2008 at Governors Academy...education developers!

Spread this message far and wide! Register soon!

Hi all,

I'm pleased to announce the 2008 edition of FOSSED (Free and Open Source
Software in Education) at Governor's Academy in Byfield, MA on August 3-6,
2008. FOSSED has been in existence for 6 years providing incredible
professional development opportunities for educators and techies from all
over North America. The original FOSSED held each year at Gould Academy
in Bethel, Maine has been a smashing success and has featured such notable
FOSS celebrities as Jim McQuillan (founder of LTSP), Jon "Maddog" Hall,
Warren Togami (founder of Fedora), and many more. For the past two years
we've expanded FOSSED to another conference held at the University of New
Hampshire (UNH). This year we're simply moving a little further south to
the beautiful campus of Governors Academy in Byfield MA.
http://www.thegovernorsacademy.org

This year we're adding to and changing the focus of FOSSED a bit and
giving developers an opportunity to come together, work together, learn
and really get a chance to find out what's really going on in the world of
FOSS in education. Educators and developers coming together. We're
pleased to announce that Walter Bender of SugarLabs.org (read more here:
http://www.openeducation.net/2008/06/03/walter-bender-discusses-sugar-labs-foundation/
) will be one of our keynote speakers for FOSSED 2008. As the conference
registrations develop we'll be inviting many more notable folks from the
world of FOSS.

We'd like to invite you to join us! Bring yourself...bring a team!
Participate, present, sprint, or just listen and learn. We'll provide the
atmosphere, the time, and the experience...all we need is YOU!

We've made it easy for you to attend. One price includes EVERYTHING!
Room, meals, and conference....all for one low price. $495 for on-campus
and $445 for commuters 3 days of hands on learning, interaction, and more!

For more information and to register please visit our site at
http://fossed.blogspot.com or if you have questions please feel free to
email me at copperdoggy@gmail.com

Read more about FOSSED in the October issue of Linux Journal here:
http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/9800

Register soon!

Got questions? Contact me!
---