Old 06-17-2008, 03:51 PM
"Barb A. Tabor"

Default thin client set up probs

Hello. *Been trying to get new
HP thin clients to boot from new HP server with Hardy for 3 days. *When
thin client boots, it has the IP of 192.168.0.250 *Mask: 255.255.255.0
*DHCP IP: 192.168.0.254 *Gateway: 192.168.0.1 * *Get
these error mesaages: *PXE-T01: File not found, *PXE-E3B: TFTP
Error-File not found * PXE-MDF: Exiting Broadcom PXE Rom *

Server has 2 NIC's, one going into main
switch and one going into switch for thin clients. We set the thin client
BIOS to boot from the Network and have been googling and researching forums,
but cannot figure out how to get the thin clients to see the Hardy server.

Thanks, *Barb

Old 06-18-2008, 01:51 AM
francois

Le mardi 17 juin 2008 à 11:51 -0400, Barb A. Tabor a écrit :
> Been trying to get new HP thin clients to boot from new HP server with
> Hardy for 3 days. When thin client boots, it has the IP of
> 192.168.0.250 Mask: 255.255.255.0 DHCP IP: 192.168.0.254 Gateway:
> 192.168.0.1 Get these error mesaages: PXE-T01: File not found,
> PXE-E3B: TFTP Error-File not found PXE-MDF: Exiting Broadcom PXE
> Rom
> Server has 2 NIC's, one going into main switch and one going into
> switch for thin clients. We set the thin client BIOS to boot from the
> Network and have been googling and researching forums, but cannot
> figure out how to get the thin clients to see the Hardy server. Any

By Default, you should have thin client network on eth0 with 192.168.0.1
for server address.

You should have your eth1 internet connection on eth1, if possible on
another subnetwork (ie. 192.168.1.x).

Things are going weird when two dhcp are able to answer thin clients
requests (ie. ltsp server and router).

If there are still problem with tftp, you can do :

sudo ltsp-update-kernels

Regards,

François

Old 06-18-2008, 11:18 AM
"John Hegarty"

Have you run

sudo ltsp-build-client

More stuff here may help point the way

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/ThinClientHowto

jh

Message: 1

Hello. *Been trying to get new HP thin clients to boot from new HP server

with Hardy for 3 days. *When thin client boots, it has the IP of

192.168.0.250 *Mask: 255.255.255.0 *DHCP IP: 192.168.0.254 *Gateway:

192.168.0.1 * *Get these error mesaages: *PXE-T01: File not found,

PXE-E3B: TFTP Error-File not found * PXE-MDF: Exiting Broadcom PXE Rom

Server has 2 NIC's, one going into main switch and one going into switch

for thin clients. We set the thin client BIOS to boot from the Network and

have been googling and researching forums, but cannot figure out how to

get the thin clients to see the Hardy server. Any suggestions would be

greatly appreciated.

Thanks, *Barb