Old 06-14-2008, 10:32 AM
"Butch Arias"

Default Edubuntu classroom server

Dear users,

Will the classroom server cd of edubuntu 7.04 or 7.10 access the 64GB of RAM or just 4GB? If not, is there a way for the edubuntu 7.04 or 7.10 classroom server to access above the 4GB? I found classroom server 7.04 and 7.10 easier to install than the ubuntu server 8.04. The SATA RAID we are using isn't recognized by 8.04.Have been working for two days on* this.

Cheers,
Butch Arias

Old 06-15-2008, 06:37 PM

I don't know the details, but I've seen people say that it can use more than 4GB RAM on at least two occasions.* I think you'll find it if you search the archives for "4GB."* I don't think it was more than 2 or 3 months ago.

Best,

oe1

Old 06-15-2008, 10:51 PM
"David Van Assche"

Indeed it can, by using the -server kernel. That is to say, do a search for -server with apt-cache (sudo apt-cache search -server) and then install with apt-get (sudo apt-get install <server-kernel-package>)

Kind Regards