Old 06-10-2008, 02:57 PM

Default Relationship debian-edu and edubuntu

Hello

I hope this is the right list to ask. If not please point me in the
right direction.

The linux-user-group krems and the donau-universitšt krems are
organising a meeting "free software at school" on april the 15th 2009 in
krems.

In trying to get an overview about suiting projects I want to know the
relationship between debian-edu and edubuntu. Because ubuntu is a
debian-based distribution edubuntu could be a ubuntu-customized
debian-edu based project or it could only be based on ubuntu and build
the education-extention from scratch.

Could anybody give me some light on how edubuntu would see its position
compared with other education-customized distristributions (e.g.
debuan-edu or openschoolserver - the former SuSE Linux Schoolserver) or
does anybody know comparisons on the net?

gerhard