Old 06-08-2008, 06:45 AM
daniel

Default Help with installing Edubuntu

Title: Signature2

I have Ubuntu 8.04.** I have both Gnome and kde.* Can I have edubuntu
too on my PC? If yes how?

--

Ubuntu
*= *No viruses *No crashes *No bills

Old 06-08-2008, 07:24 AM
wayne

daniel wrote:
> I have Ubuntu 8.04. I have both Gnome and kde. Can I have edubuntu
> too on my PC? If yes how?
>

> --
>
> Ubuntu Logo <http://www.ubuntu.com>
>

> Ubuntu = No viruses No crashes No bills <http://www.ubuntu.com>

Hi Daniel

I'm not sure about hardy, but formerly it was just a matter of
installing LTSP and adjusting your dhcp server, and your clients boot
perfectly.

U can then add the edubuntu apps as needed.

ubuntu has a great LTSP howto.

Wayne A

Old 06-08-2008, 08:20 AM
Gavin McCullagh

On Sun, 08 Jun 2008, daniel wrote:

> I have Ubuntu 8.04. I have both Gnome and kde. Can I have edubuntu
> too on my PC? If yes how?

sudo apt-get install edubuntu-desktop

Gavin

Old 06-08-2008, 08:21 AM
"Krsnendu dasa"

Edubuntu can use either gnome or kde - it is just a theme and some
educational applications.

For edubuntu look and feel (and maybe some educational apps.. I haven't checked)
apt-get install edubuntu-desktop

For ltsp
apt-get install ltsp-server-standalone

Search synaptic for exact names and other edubuntu related packages.

Old 06-08-2008, 05:51 PM
alan c

Gavin McCullagh wrote:
> On Sun, 08 Jun 2008, daniel wrote:
>
>> I have Ubuntu 8.04. I have both Gnome and kde. Can I have edubuntu
>> too on my PC? If yes how?
>
> sudo apt-get install edubuntu-desktop

I seemed to find that because edubuntu was gnome it did not form a
distinct and different session. I started with ubuntu and also kde
sessions (kubuntu-desktop) and then loaded in edubuntu-desktop, and
saw I still had session choices as gnome and kde (only). The gnome was
now edubuntu.

I think this is probably to be expected and it did not bother me, but
initially I was surprised because I had thought edubuntu could be a
separate uniques session, but it is gnome afrer all.

--
alan cocks
Kubuntu user#10391