Old 07-04-2012, 07:41 PM
"Jonathan Carter (highvoltage)"

Default Edubuntu Meeting 2012-06-04

Hi Edubuntu Developers

We had a super-quick Edubuntu meeting this afternoon.

Here are some updates since the last Edubuntu meeting:

== ARM Images ==

We now have our first Edubuntu ARM build, we used this to test ARM
packages available in Edubuntu:

https://plus.google.com/106512410045218522565/posts/bLtxUeudWyn

The image is available at
http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/edubuntu/daily-live/20120704/ - it currently
targets the panda board, and not the A10 CPU that's present in the Zatab
tablets.

== Edubuntu Server ==

Stephane has done initial work on the Edubuntu server deployment
scripts, they are available at:

https://code.launchpad.net/~edubuntu-dev/edubuntu/edubuntu-server

The Zentyal guys indicated that their packages will be ready for Ubuntu
alpha 3.

== Website Updates ==

The updated Drupal 7 site is now live, it's based on standard Drupal 7
theming and will continue to evolve, we also have a new deployments page
which allows people to add their own deployments:

http://edubuntu.org/deployments

== Upcoming Meetings ==

We're having our first Google+ Hangout. The topic is "Tablets". It's
taking place on June 28:

https://plus.google.com/events/c81pnsbk7qbi501h5vd127a87ak/106512410045218522565

== Project Updates ==

The Edubuntu Council has approved the sponsorship process internally.
It's still subject to change and we need to bring it up with Ubuntu
governance. The current version can be found at:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Edubuntu/Sponsorship

Any other questions/comments? Fire away!

Have a good day.

-Jonathan