Old 11-29-2010, 08:02 PM
"Jonathan Carter (highvoltage)"

Default Call for comments on application selection

Hi!

Natty daily builds are working and in a pretty good state currently, you
can get them from:
http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/edubuntu/dvd/20101129/

At UDS it was decided to be more inclusive and rather include a package
than not, and then have a call for comments before the first alpha
release on which packages should stay. Currently there are some packages
that provide duplicate function (I think we currently have 4 geometry
packages installed!), so we should look at these and decide which is
useful to keep and which to drop.

So far I've found one that I think we should drop, and it's laby. It's
really great in concept, but it's way too simple to actually be useful
at this point, perhaps in a future release it will be better.

-Jonathan