-   Edubuntu Development (http://www.linux-archive.org/edubuntu-development/)
-   -   ssh session does not close properly (http://www.linux-archive.org/edubuntu-development/436300-ssh-session-does-not-close-properly.html)

David Hopkins 10-06-2010 11:47 AM

ssh session does not close properly

On my ltsp servers I found that ssh sessions started with

ssh -X server1 some_app

from a command line do not exit cleanly when some_app is closed.
Instead, the app's GUI interface closes but you do not get a prompt
back. A CTRL-C returns the command line prompt. This is using
Karmic. Has anyone else observed this behavior and been able to
determine why it happens?

Thanks!
Dave Hopkins

ps 10-06-2010 12:05 PM

ssh session does not close properly

I found that when I start an application on an ltsp client and then
close that application, I cannot start it again on another client. Could
be the same problem.

Paul

PS: It seems we had more such problems since using LocalApps

ps 10-06-2010 12:05 PM