Old 09-02-2010, 01:50 PM
Belinda Lopez

Default Ubuntu in Education resources from Canonical

Wow - I've already been blown away by the work being done in the
Education sector.* Ubuntu in schools, just makes sense.* Yesterday I
was directed to this great map showing schools in Finland with Ubuntu
deployments:

http://bit.ly/amFiOO* and more on
what is happening around open source there:

http://www.opinsys.fi/en/mista-on-hyvat-koulu-tehty

http://www.osor.eu/news/fi-over-a-hundred-schools-using-open-source

And next week I'm visiting a local school in Houston, TX that has
migrated to Ubuntu/Moodle and lots of other open source offerings.* The
project leaders is also the Moodle Core Contrib coordinator so I will
ask how we can get more folks interested in helping with the technical
side of Ubuntu/Edubuntu.

I'll keep plugging away at coordinating all this great info and have
also started updating some of the wiki pages.* Great stuff folks!*
Let's keep the momentum going!

Belinda