-   Edubuntu Development (http://www.linux-archive.org/edubuntu-development/)
-   -   Cannot change language (http://www.linux-archive.org/edubuntu-development/408169-cannot-change-language.html)

Alkis Georgopoulos 08-03-2010 10:45 AM

Cannot change language

It's the same problem as tuxpaint (bug #572994).
Tuxtype was compiled while it was still in main, so its translations were stripped to go to the langpacks.
Then it was demoted, but never rebuilt.
So the translations are not contained withing tuxtype-data.deb, and a simple reupload is needed for the problem to be fixed.

I'd say it's more of a launchpad problem than a tuxtype/tuxpaint
problem. I.e. a dummy version bump should be done automatically every
time a package is demoted from main to universe.

For anyone interested, I've uploaded a fixed version of tuxpaint in the Greek schools PPA:
https://launchpad.net/~ts.sch.gr/+archive/ppa/
You can either add the ppa to your sources, or just get the .deb from:
https://launchpad.net/~ts.sch.gr/+archive/ppa/+files/tuxtype-data_1.8.0-1ubuntu1~ppa0_all.deb

--
Cannot change language
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/512285

Status in “tuxtype” package in Ubuntu: New

Bug description:
Binary package hint: tuxtype

In package' s lucid lynx when I try to change the language to spanish, it fails.
Don't closes itself, don't report errors in terminal, but the language don't change.

Alkis Georgopoulos 08-03-2010 10:54 AM

Cannot change language

I filed a soyuz bug for that (bug #612909), if anyone knows of a better
way to address the problem, please do so.