Old 07-15-2010, 11:52 AM
David Hopkins

Default Cups 1.4.1.5 broken?

I have the latest version of cups installed on Karmic 9.10. However,
while cups shows all printers available, I cannot print from anywhere
except the console (localhost). There is mention of a bug where
adding

ServerAlias *

will correct the issue, but it does not work for me. I would
appreciate any help in getting cups to work again.

Sincerely,
Dave Hopkins

Old 07-19-2010, 08:29 PM
"Todd O'Bryan"

I've noticed CUPS recently not starting so that I have to

$ sudo /etc/init.d/cups start

to get printing to work, but that seems to be different from what
you're experiencing.

Todd