Old 07-13-2010, 03:25 PM
Jonathan Carter

Default Edubuntu Artwork Freeze Exception

Closing, since Lucid has been released.

** Changed in: edubuntu-artwork (Ubuntu)

--
Edubuntu Artwork Freeze Exception
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/544372

Status in “edubuntu-artwork” package in Ubuntu: Invalid

Bug description:
Binary package hint: edubuntu-artwork

We're currently awaiting new artwork (Edubuntu Logos, Ubuntu font that contains the "E" and "d" letters) from Canonical. Iain is working on it and we expect to have the artwork soon. We have already missed the artwork freeze and we're going into beta soon. This bug is opened so that the release manager is aware of this and can sign off on uploads for Edubuntu artwork before it's too late.

Rationale:

Ubuntu and its official derivatives have gone through a major cosmetic overhaul for this release, we want Edubuntu to have the same consistency and would like to avoid having a mixture of old and new logos and artwork.

Risks:

* People working on documentation may be working with screenshots that will be outdated (ubuntu-art is aware of this)
* If we receiver the logos too late from Canonical then we may have to stick with the original Edubuntu logo
* Artwork packages testing time will be reduced, Edubuntu artwork packages are quite simple so this should be a minor risk.