Old 05-21-2010, 08:04 PM
Jeremy Bicha

Default Moodle 1.9.4 is not working with PHP 5.3

One option is to try installing this PPA:
https://launchpad.net/~txwikinger/+archive/php5.2

An updated moodle package is being worked on in Debian but it will be at
least a few weeks (maybe longer) for it to be available for Lucid users.

You could also download Moodle directly from their website but that will
mean you have to configure everything yourself.

** Changed in: moodle (Ubuntu)

--
Moodle 1.9.4 is not working with PHP 5.3
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/578797

Status in “moodle” package in Ubuntu: Confirmed

Bug description:
Binary package hint: moodle

I'm using Ubuntu 10.04 LTS and the package of Moodle is 1.9.4.dfsg-0ubuntu4

After the instalation of Moodle when I try to configure it with the "admin" page I get a blank page in one of the lasts steps. When I turn on the debug in the config file I get the following error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method MoodleQuickForm_hidden::MoodleQuickForm_hidden() in /usr/share/moodle/lib/pear/HTML/QuickForm/element.php on line 363

Searching I found this post: http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=129384. In resume, they say that Moodle 1.9.4 is not compatible with PHP 5.3.