Old 05-15-2010, 06:15 PM
Jonathan Carter

Default LTSP 10.04 General impression

Thank you for your bug report. Could you please elaborate on the actual
bug? Is there perhaps another bug report already filed for that issue?

While we take comments about usability very seriously, we have to close
this bug report if it doesn't contain any new information that can lead
to a task.

--
LTSP 10.04 General impression
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/580699

Status in “ltsp” package in Ubuntu: New

Bug description:
I don't see myself saying to a highscool teacher to do the tftpd-hpa trick. It is a thing for IT staff or technical personne. This is not
ready to help teacher in classroom.

How can you convice a school director or internet café owner if you need to do that? We need something that at least :
support automatique for 1 or 2 nic.
ltsp work out of the box.

Then we can promot it at large.

André Laforest

Old 05-16-2010, 06:44 PM
Jonathan Carter

There has been other users who have also provided feedback on not being
able to find ltsp live on the installed system. There isn't actually
such a feature on the installed system, LTSP live is only available from
the Live CD. We currently have no way of activating a "Live LTSP"
session without making (semi-)permanent changes to the system.

I agree that things should be easier for new users, and something that
we continually work on. For the next release we're going to change how
LTSP installation works by integrating it with the installer, with more
information directly available from the installer so that even a brand
new user who have never installed it before will know what's going on at
every step of the process.

On an already installed system, you have to install LTSP using these
instructions:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UbuntuLTSP/LTSPQuickInstall#Installing%20on%20top%20of%20an%2 0already%20running%20desktop%20system

These issues are being addressed in specifications targeted for the next
released, closing bug.

** Changed in: ltsp (Ubuntu)

--
LTSP 10.04 General impression
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/580699
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Edubuntu
Bugsquad, which is subscribed to ltsp in ubuntu.

Status in “ltsp” package in Ubuntu: Won't Fix