Old 06-16-2010, 01:30 AM
David Groos

Default Mentoring for improving wiki pages?

I've been busy with 'other stuff' but did find a major issue I had with iTALC.* In some previous attempt I had made the classroom setting persistent as per the ubuntu wiki page.* And, thinking I had done a complete uninstall and other excuses I can't think up at the moment I didn't think to go back to this.* When I finally realized this, deleted the [path] line, my iTALC worked normally again!* That was a relief and I think this problem affected me more than 1 time over the last year.* I added this troubleshooting info to the wiki: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UbuntuLTSP/iTalc.

alkisg told me about a series of scripts that sound great that he uses instead of iTALC so I'm going to give them a try.* I'll be writing instructions on doing these tasks instead of iTALC unless I move back to using iTALC.

Over the next few days I'm going to be working on setting up a Lucid LTSP server.* I'll try and improve the wiki/edubuntu pages as I go through this process.* I'll * I'll try and think like a beginner (shouldn't be too hard).* I'll start another thread for these endeavors.*

Again, I'll be working on these things and more:

> --LTSP install

> --Basic squid proxy setup

> --Localapps setup

> --Backup System

> --using flash

> --using java

> --setting up file-sharing systems for one's classes

David