Old 05-05-2010, 07:06 PM
john

Default why doesn't ltsp support un-partitioned thumb drives?

Hi all,

A teacher complained that a student wasn't able to use their thumb
drive on a thin client. I checked into it and realized that the thumb
drive was fat formatted but not partitioned. According to the wiki,
LTSP doesn't support mounting un-paritioned usb devices.
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DebugLocalDev

Can someone explain why this is and why it must be so? We're running
Ubuntu Hardy 8.04

Thanks!

John