Old 05-03-2010, 10:04 AM
Caroline Ford

Default Unable to change the language in Tuxpaint

Is this in lucid?

Ubuntu changed its repositories and Edubuntu packages are no longer in
main. This means that they are no longer translated in launchpad I
think.

Sent from a mobile device.

--
Unable to change the language in Tuxpaint
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/572994
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Edubuntu
Bugsquad, which is subscribed to tuxpaint in ubuntu.

Status in “tuxpaint” package in Ubuntu: New

Bug description:
Binary package hint: tuxpaint

I'm unable to change the language in Tuxpaint.
When using tuxpaint-config I set the language to "French" and "(Use system's setting)" but the language is still English in Tuxpaint.
Tuxpaint-config is automatically in the expected language (French).

Old 05-03-2010, 05:05 PM
Caroline Ford

Thinking about this.

Ubuntu used to translate programs in Edubuntu itself, and didn't give
the translations back to tuxpaint itself.

Ubuntu has stopped translating Edubuntu programs- so are you using
tuxpaint's fr translation?

If Ubuntu will give tuxpaint its translations we will merge them but
we are short staffed. Can you provide patches?

Thanks

Caroline
Tuxpaint

Old 06-07-2010, 04:37 PM
Alkis Georgopoulos

tuxpaint-data should contain all the translations:
http://packages.debian.org/squeeze/all/tuxpaint-data/filelist

But it seems that they're stripped in Ubuntu:
http://packages.ubuntu.com/lucid/all/tuxpaint-data/filelist

Some Ubuntu core developer mentioned that "packages aren't automatically
rebuilt when they're moved from main to universe. somebody probably
just needs to manually reupload it"

So I guess that's all that's needed, i.e. someone to reupload tuxpaint
and maybe get it to lucid-updates or lucid-proposed.

Old 06-11-2010, 09:43 PM
Alkis Georgopoulos

I've uploaded tuxpaint to the Greek schools PPA without any changes at
all, and all the translations were correctly included.

Until it's hopefully reuploaded to lucid-updates, if anyone wants the updated tuxpaint-data deb, (s)he can get it from our PPA:
https://launchpad.net/~ts.sch.gr/+archive/ppa/+files/tuxpaint-data_0.9.21-1ubuntu2~ppa0_all.deb
(it's the same for all architectures)