-   Edubuntu Development (http://www.linux-archive.org/edubuntu-development/)
-   -   misleading documentation "dhcp-range..proxy" in examples/dhcpd-dnsmasq (http://www.linux-archive.org/edubuntu-development/360582-misleading-documentation-dhcp-range-proxy-examples-dhcpd-dnsmasq.html)

Alkis Georgopoulos 04-22-2010 05:50 PM

misleading documentation "dhcp-range..proxy" in examples/dhcpd-dnsmasq

The example dhcpd-dnsmasq contains a normal dhcp range, which is in effect,
and a proxy dhcp range, which is commented out.

So I'm not sure I understand what you're saying; to modify the proxy
dhcp range so that we have 2 identical examples?

# ip ranges to hand out
dhcp-range=192.168.0.20,192.168.0.250,1h

# If another DHCP server is present on the network, you may use a proxy range
# instead. This makes dnsmasq provide boot information but not IP leases.
# (needs dnsmasq 2.48+)
#dhcp-range=192.168.0.0,proxy

** Changed in: ltsp (Ubuntu)

--
misleading documentation "dhcp-range..proxy" in examples/dhcpd-dnsmasq
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/568420

Status in “ltsp” package in Ubuntu: Incomplete

Bug description:
I tryed to install ltsp in conjunction with dnsmasq. I have an running dnsmasq on an other machine so I tried to configure dnsmasq with "proxy" instead of "leasetime". I used the examples/dhcpd-dnsmasq file but the line
#dhcp-range=192.168.0.0,proxy
should be replaced with a real range like
#dhcp-range=192.168.0.1,192.168.0.10,proxy
because at least I needed a real range. The dnsmasq logs are to short to note this error.

Alkis Georgopoulos 04-26-2010 12:12 PM

misleading documentation "dhcp-range..proxy" in examples/dhcpd-dnsmasq

> Sorry, seems not to be a bug at all.

OK, closing the bug report.

** Changed in: ltsp (Ubuntu)

--
misleading documentation "dhcp-range..proxy" in examples/dhcpd-dnsmasq
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/568420
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Edubuntu
Bugsquad, which is subscribed to ltsp in ubuntu.

Status in “ltsp” package in Ubuntu: Invalid