Old 04-14-2010, 08:03 PM
"Jonathan Carter (highvoltage)"

Default Meeting Notes - 2010-04-14

Hi Everyone

Thanks to those who keep attending these meetings, our community is
starting to finally take shape, I think we have great potential for the
next release cycle that will start in about a month or so!

The next meeting is at 19:00 UTC on 21 April 2010.

Notes from tonight's meeting:

== Present ==

• lns
• alkisg
• grantbow
• highvoltage
• stgraber
• bencrisford
• grantbow
• nixternal
• lamont
• grantbow

== Technical ==

• We got mhall119's Qimo packages in Lucid!
• Live LTSP and Netbook installer now works (and needs testing!)
• bencrisford is working on qcad missing menu entry

== Community ==

• Hedgemage is working on website, will host email to forums gateway for
now, we're still awaiting new branding from Canonical for website theme
finalization
• bencrisford has been cleaning up advocacy team to get it into shape so
that we can attract more contributors and users
• TODO: make decision about edubuntu school support team
• A mentoring approach could work to getting new contributors into
Edubuntu, probably only on a small scale at this stage
• Advocacy branch is created in LP for working with marketing material
collaboratively

== Homework ==

• Test LTSP live and live installer, also netbook installer from livecd!
• Make your list of maverick features you think could realistically make
it into edubuntu for maverick or even maverick+1, we'll compare notes
next meeting on gobby and turn it into a wiki page

Have lots of fun!

-Jonathan

Old 04-17-2010, 03:09 PM
Vikram Dhillon

I am really glad to see that when we started in this developmental
cycle, edubuntu was in a bad shape, but because of everyone's hard
work we got it back healthy. Good job everyone

On Wed, Apr 14, 2010 at 4:03 PM, Jonathan Carter (highvoltage)
<jonathan@ubuntu.com> wrote:
> Hi Everyone
>
> Thanks to those who keep attending these meetings, our community is
> starting to finally take shape, I think we have great potential for the
> next release cycle that will start in about a month or so!
>
> The next meeting is at 19:00 UTC on 21 April 2010.
>
> Notes from tonight's meeting:

> == Present ==
>
> • lns
> • alkisg
> • grantbow
> • highvoltage
> • stgraber
> • bencrisford
> • grantbow
> • nixternal
> • lamont
> • grantbow
>
> == Technical ==
>
> • We got mhall119's Qimo packages in Lucid!
> • Live LTSP and Netbook installer now works (and needs testing!)
> • bencrisford is working on qcad missing menu entry
>
> == Community ==
>
> • Hedgemage is working on website, will host email to forums gateway for
> now, we're still awaiting new branding from Canonical for website theme
> finalization
> • bencrisford has been cleaning up advocacy team to get it into shape so
> that we can attract more contributors and users
> • TODO: make decision about edubuntu school support team
> • A mentoring approach could work to getting new contributors into
> Edubuntu, probably only on a small scale at this stage
> • Advocacy branch is created in LP for working with marketing material
> collaboratively
>
> == Homework ==
>
> • Test LTSP live and live installer, also netbook installer from livecd!
> • Make your list of maverick features you think could realistically make
> it into edubuntu for maverick or even maverick+1, we'll compare notes
> next meeting on gobby and turn it into a wiki page
>
> Have lots of fun!
>
> -Jonathan

Vikram Dhillon

~~~
There are lots of Linux users who don't care how the kernel works, but
only want to use it. That is a tribute to how good Linux is.
-- Linus Torvalds